Monday, September 23, 2013

Old Wagons, New Life

        I ran across an old covered wagon for sale in someone's yard yesterday. Though it is not the type of wagon I am looking for, as I am hoping to stick with the shape, size, and style of a gypsy vardo, it was still exciting to see an old wagon like this one in person.
       The wheels were huge, the rear ones around three feet across, and the body of the wagon appeared to be between 12 and 15 feet long, not including the pole for hooking up the horses. However, the wagon was surprisingly narrow, maybe four feet wide; and the bows bending over the top were fairly low, I thought.
       Though this wagon is old and in need of lots of TLC to bring it back to life, I could see a rustic beauty in it. At one point it must have held someone's belongings; maybe their whole life fit in that wagon. I hope this wagon finds a home with someone who can give it new life.










No comments:

Post a Comment